Choosing the right door handle makes a difference in the final look of your door. To make the right choice, you must pick the style and get an appropriate lock set and some important additional items. Whether you are in the market for an interior or exterior door, you must take some factors into account. Also, you need advice from professionals so you can make a smart purchase. Continue reading to know the available options out there and what to consider when buying the pieces:
Kinds of Handles for Doors
As you visit the market, you will come across the following kinds of door handles:
- Lever on rose door handles. These door handles have become very popular in modern interiors. With a rose plate covering the screws, it gives a nice flush finish. You can also fit these with bathroom locks, as well traditional latches, allowing you to use them through the home.
- Lever on backplate door handles. These door handles are more common in traditional homes. Along with rose door handles, they are available in a wide range of finishes. There are three types of backplate door handles you can purchase; lever, lock, and bathroom.
Picking the Right Door Handle
It is important to consider something when picking new door handles. These include the following:
- Overall look you want to achieve. Your handles should be considered as accessories in your home instead of just pieces of hardware. Take into account your home’s look and theme. In case you own a contemporary and sleek home, you want to avoid getting a vintage-looking brass knob since this doesn’t suit the look you want to achieve.
- How the handles feel in your hand. You may be using the handles many times every day so make sure it feels great in your hand. Never buy something that is uncomfortable or difficult to use. Think about who will be using the door that will have the handle.
- Overall cost. Keep in mind that door purchases usually do not include handles, hinges, and latches. You will need to separately buy the hardware pieces to make the door functional. Also, these pieces may not be sold together. If you only want to update your door without buying a new one, these pieces will play a big role in the project. They can give your door a new sophisticated look as well as make your door more functional and comfortable to use.