While shifting to a new house, the first thing that pops up in the mind of everyone involved is packing and shipping their household stuffs, isn’t it? It might seem trivial at first, but it is in fact main aspect of any relocation especially when you are packing all yourself!
However, you no longer need to worry! All you need is to follow some effective packing tips when considering moving your personal goods.
Here is the ultimate shipping guide you need to follow while packing. Read on and let all your worries diminish!
- Make sure to keep your boxes to about 30 pounds. Too heavy boxes may break open.
- Make use of packing tape and not duct tape.
- Never under pack the boxes as well. You can add some extra padding such as bubble wraps, or extra padding for keeping your items secure. You can even use small boxes for the fragile items.
- Label every box. Mention your name along with your delivery address as well.
- Choose the boxes wisely. While used boxes can save your money, it is much better to go with new boxes for fragile items.
- Ensure packing your dishes properly in upright position. Don’t just stack. Wrap each of it in layer and paper with the help of bubble wrap.
- Pack all the electronics in their original boxes. In case you don’t have them, you can use sturdy box.
- Keep like things together. For instance, delicate wineglasses with heavy stoneware are a bad idea!
- Before packing, clean your furniture properly. Debris and dirt may scratch your furniture while transport.
- Wrap up your glass table tops. Cover it in bubble wrap and packing paper or moving blankets.
- Empty your furniture. Bookshelves, dressers, as well as entertainment units must be cleared well completely. All these items must be packed separately.
General packing ideas
- Sell or donate unwanted items. There isn’t any reason paying more for the things you no longer need.
- Pack the items of same room together. It can make unpacking easier in the end.
- Start packing right in advance. It will allow you to have sufficient time for proper packing.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with your packing process with the help of above ideas and you are sure to do it successfully!